Monday, March 3, 2008

BREAKFAST


Over the past 2 months (exactly) that Scott and I have been doing Weight Watchers we have come up with some favorite food ideas that I thought I would share. As of today, I have lost 17 pounds and I think Scott is at 25 pounds. It really has not been hard at all. The only difficulty is when you want to eat out - you just can't without being really carefully. So, I will share some foods that we like for different meals. Now, I am nursing, so I eat a little differently than I otherwise would. I would NEVER normally drink my points (milk, oj, etc.), but sometimes I give myself the luxury of having orange juice or I feel like I should drink milk for dairy.

Just to clarify: For those who have never done Weight Watchers, we are on a point system. Scott and I are allowed about 30 points a day. I am only allowed that much because I am nursing. Thank heaven! Laura and Mom would be allowed between 20 -22. We try to have about 6 point meals.

Breakfast ideas:

1. Whole weat english muffin toasted. No butter. Cook one egg and make a sandwich. If you'd like you can add one slice of turkey bacon or canadian bacon. That stuff doesn't count for much at all (less than a point).

2. Weight Watchers yogurt is only 1 point or choose any fat free yogurt.

3. Crunchy Corn Bran cereal. Most cereals are worth quite a bit of points for the amount we are used to eating. Crunchy Corn Bran is the lowest in points. 1 point for 3/4 cup.

4. Banana or Grapefruit or any other fruit (but you should know that a banana and most fruit is worth 2 points so the same as that whole wheat english muffin)

5. Whole wheat toast. Some breads are better than others, look at the calories, fat and fiber. I use Smart Balance instead of butter.

6. Oatmeal packet. Only 3 points when made with water.

Feel free to give any other breakfast ideas you have.

2 comments:

laura said...

I eat the same thing EVERY single morning and I never get sick of it. Mix together one 4 oz. Activia yogurt, 1/4 cup grape nuts, and 10 grams almonds or walnuts. With the fruit, nut and crunch it almost tastes like a cobbler or crisp dessert. Delicious. I started out without the nuts and my trainer said to add them. You must have a good fat in the morning. Walnuts have the Omega 3's that your body really needs. 10 grams is about 1 Tbsp.

Teresa said...

Just curious. When you eat these things for breakfast, how long until you are hungry again? I tried to eat good this morning, so I had a glass of Ovaltine which is with milk and a piece of raisin bread toast. It has less sugar in it than American stuff. I was hungry probably an hour later, so I started snacking. I think I will try the english muffin idea, it sounds good and is actually stuff that we have here. We may have Activia yogurt, I am going to check tomorrow.