Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Hello

Hello people, I am waiting for some recipes here!! :-)

I think the success that Alicia and Scott are having on weight watchers is Awesome! I am thinking about doing it even if I can't get exact calorie count because of my location. I think the recipes would be helpful. It would also be helpful if Steve stopped putting heavy cream in everything he makes. That is why I only let him cook occasionally.

Now just to let my goals be known.... I gave Steve 10 kilos for Christmas and said I would be that much lighter by his birthday in June. That is 22lbs. Steve has recently cut caffeine out of his diet and is also making a great effort to set goals and reach them. He is doing such a good job, I wanted to do the same. I am currently 1 kilo lighter than I was at Christmas. (That is 2.2lbs) so I have a long way to go. I love the advice of drinking more water. That is proving to be not as hard as I thought and I think it will help with calories. My goal for this week is to stop the constant snacking on sugary things. I am going to try to drink some water before I eat anything, and I also feel like when I drink hot chocolate or something it fills me up for a while, so while it is cold I am going to do that in the morning.

I also have a weird question that I have always wondered about and since this is a private blog I am going to ask it. :0

When you are losing weight, do you go poop more often? Gross I know, but I just wondered if that was one of the ways your body gets rid of the excess. Steve says I am crazy and he is right most of the time.

k, that is it for me, I will be posting my loses as they come off. I have 9 more to go.

2 comments:

laura said...

Very funny question. As far as I know- and I'm not an expert...
No, you do not poop your excess weight out. You really do burn it. Meaning- when you are consuming less calories than you are expending, your body needs to take that energy from somewhere else- your fat. Then your fat disappears because it's been burned off.
Now, you may poop more when you are losing weight simply because of the food you are eating. More water, foods high in fiber, lots of fruits and vegetables- all things that help you lose weight AND all things that make you more "regular".
I'm so glad to see you post. We really do need the recipes to start flowing in. Alicia, that's all you!

Anonymous said...

This is Scott and I have to chime in. No I don't think you poop more when losing weight, if anything I feel like the opposite has happened.

I have also tried to stop drinking not only caffeine but Soda in general. I am almost exclusively on a water only plan (occasionally postum if the weather is cold). Alicia and I have read some reports about aspertain that have made us stop drinking deit drinks also.

Good luck everyone! Let keep the lbs/kilos coming off.