So, for dinner last night I had...
It's not the LOWEST calorie option, but it is healthy and low enough for me for a special occasion. It reminds me of a delicious dish form Macaroni Grill, but it's way Lower Cal than that.
-Cooked pasta -Whole grain or Healthy Choice pasta- Just find one with the lowest cals/ highest fiber you can. Mine was 6 grams of fiber.
-Shrimp- the big kind, to make you feel like your at a fancy restaurant.
- Spinach- I used frozen and then cooked it according to package directions- probably half the bag.
- Little bit of olive oil
- Lemon juice
- garlic
- salt and pepper
- Toasted pine nuts(optional, but delicious)
Mix this all together in a pan until warm
- little bit of Parmesan cheese on top
- Fresh, diced tomatoes on top( You could throw them in the pan when it's almost all done. I hate it when they get all wilted down though.)
So- when I dished myself up, I went easy on the pasta. Heavy on the shrimp. Heavy on the tomatoes. Absolutely delicious. I had it again for lunch today. Oh, and the rest of my family won't touch it.:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
sounds great! Alicia just gave me a very similar recipe. Shrimp, pasta, broccoli, zucchini, yellow squash. Very good. I made alfredo sauce for the boys to put on it. My bite with that on it was even better. haha
Post a Comment